Monday, October 1, 2007

Best Laid Plans

Tonight I was supposed to become a real clinical physician again by taking my first in house call. I had prepared for it mentally. Although, I was nervous, I felt up for the challenge and as ready as I could be. Time to to just do it. Well, on the order of we probably could have seen this one coming- after three cross country flights in 5 days- this morning.... I have a bad cold. My nose is like a one way hose pipe, my throat hurts, my ears are ringing, and I am dizzy. It has gotten progressively worse since i woke up this morning in the mode of the old me and went to physcial therapy anyway, where my PT told me, under no uncertain terms, that I was not to work as I am sick. Yes, yes, yes- But I have certainly worked sicker than this before, I say. So, I debated with myself, I called someone as crazy as myself and in the end, I did the right thing by saying I couldn't do it. I then slept for two hours and now sit in my bed writing this post with a bowl of soup and a large glass of water. Oh well, next week I'll start.

For those keeping score- since I got back from vacation

Old Lisa- 4 points for standard overcommiting activities
New Lisa- 1 big point for staying home when sick and contagious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you listened to me (the one as crazy as you!). Enjoy your soup and get some rest!