Saturday, October 6, 2007

Scary things

Many of you remember that this whole thing started over a year ago with a bump that everyone thought was "just a cyst", but it kep growing and was starting to hurt so I pushed and fought and got it looked at. Well, the rest is now history, but here I sit reliving some of that history. I have a new bump. It has been growing for months now and has tripled in size in the last few months and once again everyone thinks it is a cyst, but I am smarter now. Anyway, this thing has been eating at my subconcious and although I have tried to not focus on it the thought of going down this road again- horror. Yesterday I met with the head and neck oncology surgeon. I had a needle biopsy. I need to get a scan, but at least I am going forward. The belief is that this is not something bad, but I will feel much better when I know for sure. I should have more info by next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I know lightening won't strike twice! (Moms know these things.) So hold onto this thought and hold you breath too, but Tuesday will bring you good news. Love Mom

Unknown said...

***HUGS***

We will keep you in our prayers and pray that this thing is a just a cyst as promised.

**HUGS**

Anonymous said...

I agree with your Mom... Lightening cannot strike twice! All the best to you...

Love, LisaD