Friday, March 2, 2007

Home

I slept in my own bed last night for the first time in almost 2 months. I am so glad to be home and feel like I have a little bit of my former life back. I sat on my porch last night and looked out at my plants and dream of being able to work in my garden again. See each major accomplishment gets me one step closer to something I really want to be able to do again. I try to be patient, but patience is hard. It has been 4 months since surgery #1 now. Four months since I have been able to just run out my front door and do whatever I please without thinking about lefty. Sadie is tired of me not being able to just run out the front door too. Last night at her former walk time, she sat in front of the cupboard where her leash lives and cried. It was pitiful, she seems to think that she should have her former schedule back now that we are home. I tried to explain it to her, but who am I kidding - she is a dog after all. Well for today we are both happy to be back home as I sit in my kitchen and look out at Spring blooming in my garden and Sadie sleeps on the couch. Home again indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Be careful on all of those steps!

smb