Sunday, March 11, 2007

Shoes

Back in my old life. I loved my shoes. I was somewhat reknown for always wearing heels to work and even ignoring OSHA and wearing my strappy sandles while walking around the unit at work. Anyways, practicallity has never been my goal with shoes- cuteness was far more important. When I was maid of honor at my best friends wedding I actually lost the feeling in all of my toes due to standing, etc. for hours in my 3 inch silver strappy shoes that I loved. So, you get my point.

Well, now things have changed. I have finally been given the green light to put lefty back in regular shoes as long as they meet certain requirements, ie. not touching my skin graft (which rules out much of anything with a back), and allows me to keep my ankle wrapped to support lefty (which will only get weaker with radiation). So, with these serious limiting factors I talked my mom into going shoe shopping with me. I spent over an hour trying on close to a dozen pairs of shoes to find two pairs that sort of meet the bills. Now these shoes are not as cute as my former standards; however, I'm not sure if I have ever been more excited by a shoe purchase in my life. Really it is more about what getting to wear shoes again represents, one step closer to normalacy.


P.S. For those of you who logged in to find out how my radiation appointment went the other day- IT WAS A DEBAUCLE, and I can't yet come up with a way to write about it. So, you'll have to stay tuned..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new shoes!!!

(to continue the FRI conversation, bitten by a shark is another good one! If you add, "while vacationing in >>>>>" and choose a country with no coast to check geography you could really to mess with someone.)

Enjoy your shoes today!
smb

Anonymous said...

Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! What a wonderful topic! We now have taught Sophie to say "I love shoes!" I will have to look through my shoe collection to see which ones would be appropriate for you...

Love, LisaD

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Check out Off Broadway Shoes on Sunset between La Brea and Highland. It's humongous and the prices are very reasonable!!!

Love,
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Lisa --
Want you to know that the Cibula clan is keeping up with your blog. Sorry you have to face this challenge but know that you and lefty are are well on your way to good health.
Love,
Colleen, Dave, Lindsey & Jack
colleen.cibula@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

You may want to think twice about going to Birthday Lunch with your mother and me. After lunch,we always shop at a very cute dress shop called Ruby's where they have darling never-to-be-seen-elsewhere shoes! Never too late to change your mind since we have not set a date yet!
Mary Jane

Unknown said...

Yes...I too love shoes! And my favorite shoes are josef seibel shoes...Wherever i go i wear them..very comfortable