Wednesday, June 6, 2007

It is official

So, many of you know that as I am starting to feel better, I am starting to prepare to return to the doctoring as opposed to patienting world. I met with my boss last week and set a somewhat official restart date and a series of duties that I will perform (I am not yet cleared for clinical duty). Most of what I am going to be doing is writing, and associated administrative/ research stuff much of which can be done from home. However, the only clinical duty that I will have is participating is our antenatal consults. These are visits where we sit down and talk to parents whose babies have known anomalies to let them know what to expect when the baby is born. It gives us a chance to really discuss options without asking frieghtened parents ot make immediate decisions right after the baby is born. I really like doing them and I think it will be good for me to start to use the neonatology part of my brain again before it atrophies completely from disuse. Anyway, they just sent out the schedule for the consults for July and lo and behold there is my name on the clinic schedule. I don't really know how I feel about it, but there it is real and tangible with others counting on me and families feelings to think about. No more just get the work done and we don't care when or where you do it as long as it is done. Fortunately, it is still over a month away.

Hmm, in other news my physical therapist seems to take the fact that I am getting better as carte blanche to assign ever more difficult and challenging exercises. I actually left there sweating today. It feels good to use all those muscles, somehow I think I'll be sore tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay you! I was sort of wondering when you would take that step back into the work world. I'm sure that they will be thrilled to have you back in whatever capacity. We miss you and wish that we could see you in person to cheer you on!

Kathy and Rachel

Dr. Lisa said...

Yeah Kathy, It is that time. I miss you guys too. We'll have to get together soon.

L