Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oh Happy Day

My mantra for the last few weeks is that I am getting a little bit better each day. This is true, but I have remained almost completely dependent on my parents and I don't like dependency at all because it leaves me feeling out of control. My parents have so kindly shuttled me everywhere that I have needed to go ever since we got back from New York which has included my two physical therapy appointments a week, doctor visits etc. Hours of their time that could be better spent. The few times that I have done anything social someone has had to be my chauffeur. Henceforth, I don't really do much. SO, today I got one little piece of freedom back-- I get to drive. Hello, I am going to celebrate by driving myself to a friend's party this weekend and reenter (at least somewhat) my social world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Driving is good, very good. Be careful. After my 10 days (okay, it should have been longer) of not driving after Jackson, it felt weird.

smb

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is terrific news!!!

Stacie

Anonymous said...

You must feel 16 again! Congratulations on being able to drive!

Love, Lisa D