Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why I went to Kidspace

I voluntarily went to a children’s museum last week.  There is either something wrong with me, or I have a reason.  Trust me,  I have a reason!

My godson is 4 years old.  I want him to know that we have a special relationship that I am one of the few adults outside of his family that he can count on.  So, last year I decided that for his birthday he needs nothing material, but I want him to have childhood memories of our relationship.  So, I started a tradition of taking him somewhere special for his birthday.  His mom suggested the Noah’s Arc exhibit at the Skirball museum. It was a huge success.


 

So, this year, I stuck with the same plan and offered to take him on another day trip this year to Kidspace.  I picked him up from daycare.  He introduced me to his friends as his Auntie Lisa. I smiled.  He had his happy face on the whole way to Kidspace.  We took pictures when we arrived.


 

He discovered a model of the solar system


He climbed an ant hill


He made music using water guns on drums


He rode around the trail of trikes


 

Then we went to my parents house to get my dog, and we played bingo- he lost he didn’t care


 

 I spent the day with my godson. It was priceless.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day together. Kyle is a cute little guy. He looks like he takes after his mom.

Mary Watson said...

Can you be my godmother?