Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Day Before Thanksgiving

It's the day before Thanksgiving and all around the country people are scurrying to cook turkey and all of the fixings.  This year I am joining in the fray, sort of.  My parents house is still under construction and I volunteered to have the family meal as I am thankful for my new "fully functional" kitchen.  Just as I relish in the functionality of my new kitchen it throws a giant road block my way.  Further, I am missing out on the day before food prep because I went to work before 8 am and I am incarcerated in the hospital until 8 am tomorrow. So last night, my sweet mom and I made the cornbread for the stuffing, did all of the peeling and chopping of vegetables, etc.  Only to discover that my sink got clogged up and no amount of plunging or running of the garbage disposal or drano would unplug it.  So, as we prepared for bed my mom asked what she could do to help- I replied, just get the sink and garbage disposal functional by the time I get home from work, oh and take the turkey out so it can finish defrosting.  The thought of preparing Thanksgiving dinner without the use of my sink is just more than I can stomach.  Please wish me luck.

2 comments:

JaxMom said...

Yikes. Ugh. My little kitchen is open!

JaxMom said...

Kitchen was open, but potty was broken! Check out my post (finally). Hope yours was a good Turkey Day.