Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Aloha

I can't believe it is finally here. I leave for Hawaii tomorrow, early. I am seriously like a kid before Christmas in hyperoverdrive. I can't wait to get there, swim in that wonderful clear ocean, dive to the depths of the sea, hike along the cliffs etc. I can't wait. I can't wait. I feel like I have been waiting and dreaming about this trip for so long, as I made the reservations months and months ago to give me something to look forward to when radiation was kicking my tail and I was feeling sad and sorry for myself. See that is how I dealt with that miserable present was to give me something wonderful to look forward to in the future. Now the future is here and it is WONDERFUL and that present is a distant memory that I can almost pretend happened to someone else. As I said the other day, this trip has given me purpose in my rehab, it has given me something to look forward to. I have had concrete goals and now I am here having met almost all of my goals. I am off to enjoy all the previously mentioned activities and more.

Bon voyage, I'll see you on the other side.

ALOHA

1 comment:

Doctor David said...

Lisa,

Your optimism and outlook are an inspiration! I hope your trip to Hawaii is everything you dreamed it would be and more!

You have a wonderful blog that I have followed for several weeks now. Your point of view, as both physician and patient, has been truly fascinating.

I wish you all the best,

David Loeb, MD, PhD
loebda@jhmi.edu
http://doctordavidsblog.blogspot.com/