Monday, March 23, 2009

Let the Insanity Begin

So, all of you who have read this know that I used to be a competitive swimmer. Serious emphasis on the used to be part, but as of late I have been swimming again. I have even tried to train to swim the 100 fly once again. My time is not so far off from what it used to be. I count that as one of my many blessings. Further, in my new found pursuit of health and fitness I have started to run. Nothing crazy, but I routinely run 2-3 miles, 2-3 days a week. I have never considered myself a runner, but nonetheless it isn't that hard. When I lived in DC, I used to bike. I would bike the 25 miles or so down the Potomac to Mt. Vernon and then take the subway back, at the time it was my escape. I loved it. So naturally, lately many friends have been asking when as a swimmer and now a runner, who used to bike would I do my first triathalon. My response, had been umm- never, but it got me thinking. Why not. I'm in good enough shape, a half mile swim is still a warm up to me, a 3 mile run something I do when I don't have time to work out. I can do this. So, I have officially agreed to do my first triathalon- 0.5 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run. It is in August. I'm doing it with my trainer and friend, Jason.

Let the insanity begin. God knows where this one could lead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! Afraid you could never convince me to do it, but I will be cheering you on from Texas.

LisaD

Bernadette said...

Go Lisa!